The big day is here, which I know many have been waiting for. Since the release of Vmware ESX 6 many have been waiting for an update for Veeam to be able to upgrade to ESX 6.
The update is now available and can be uploaded here –> http://www.veeam.com/blog/veeam-availability-suite-update-2-vsphere-6-support-endpoint-and-more.html
Now this patch also includes integration with Endpoint Backup and support for a bunch of the ESX 6 features such as
- Support for VMware Virtual Volumes (VVols) and VMware Virtual SAN 2.0
- Storage Policy-Based Management (SPBM) policy backup and restore
- Backup and replication of Fault Tolerant (FT) VMs
- vSphere 6 tags integration
- Cross-vCenter vMotion awareness
- Quick Migration to VVols
- Hot-Add transport mode of SATA virtual disks
And now we can monitor VVOL with Veeam one as well, I have more news about Veeam coming in the horizon stay tuned!