Netscaler 10.5 and Storefront 2.6

During a new setup for a customer we were using the latest build from Storefront 2.6  and latest NS build 10.5 (53) to ensure that there are no bugs and so on.

The pre-existing Storefront was setup using regular HTTP (Not recommended) but it should work just fine.

After setting up Netscaler against Storefront and adding different policies everything looked to be working fine.

Well almost… Receiver for web worked as it should we managed to authenticate and start applications as they should. But! when using Citrix Receiver (latest version) we stumbled across something funny.

After starting Citrix Receiver and entering username and password the “enter URL” dialog window popped up again

image 

annoying….

So I did as every IT-guy does, I enabled logging of Receiver and checked the logs on Storefront and doublechecking on different clients and checked that the store actually was saved in the registry.

Since my first things was that Receiver wasn’t able to store info in registry

NOTE: Citrix Receiver stores info under HKEY_CURRENT_USER
That worked as it should, then I enabled logging on Citrix Receiver and saw trough the logs there.

This is done by adding a couple of registry settings under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\AuthManager

SDKTracingEnabled = true

TracingEnabled = true

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix

dword, ReceiverVerboseTracingEnabled = 1

The logs are generated under %AppData%\Local\Citrix

but no luck there as well, everything looked as it should be, but still no luck. After that I got some tips from some colleagues that I should enable HTTPS since it was the last logical chooise

and voila! then Citrix Receiver worked as it should.